The USS Lansing DE 388 was commissioned 10 November 1943 at Houston
Texas. An Edsall class destroyer escort built primarily for ocean ASW escort service
during WWII. The Lansing was powered by Fairbanks-Morse Reduction geared diesel
engines with a speed (trial) of 20.9 knots and endurance (trial) of 10,800 Nautical
miles at a speed of 12 knots.
The Lansing DE 388, a U. S. Navy ship, was manned by Coast Guard crewmembers from
commissioning day, 10 November 1943 at Houston, Texas until decommissioning at Green
Cove Springs, Florida, 25 April 1946. A total of 583 men served aboard Lansing during
the DE years.